Floor coverings in contemporary design are represented by many different materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top place among this chic assortment is taken by tiles . It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of abundant choice of textures and colours, such flooring appear spectacular and stylish, and match with any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not just with their presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it is often employed as the primary component for decorating flooring.
One of the positive properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating doesn’t wear off and does not lose its attractiveness after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products are not terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The substance is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the machine”warm https://1popechi.ru/ floor”, as they consist of clay, which in high temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles are not poor to floors made from natural stone or wood.
No matter how perfect this material is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate can comprise:
- The large price. The product, that may last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first version of the coating is acquired from the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is made from special types of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The result is a lasting and beautiful finishing substance.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are available.